Vanguard Glass Tinting was born from the desire to bring our customers the very best Window Tinting, Decorative Glass Film, Safety & Security Films and Graffiti Prevention services for their vehicles, homes and commercial spaces. We have been serving the greater Costa Mesa region for many years and you can count on us to deliver nothing but the highest quality, premier products installed by industry-certified professionals. We look forward to speaking to you further about your tinting and window film needs. As always, we offer a free, no-obligation consultation at your convenience.
Window Film After Care
What to expect over the next 30 days…
- During the bonding/curing process it is normal to expect the following:
- Water bubbles. These will disappear, however a few small particles may remain (although usually only visible from outside)
- Hazy/foggy appearance. This is caused by water that is trapped between the film and the glass and is in the process of evaporating. This too will disappear.
- A small visible border around the window frame is normal. The term for this is a “daylight installation” and is necessary for the film to bond properly to the glass and can’t be avoided.
- On very large windows, it is sometimes necessary to use two pieces of film. This method is only used when a manufacturer’s rolled sizes are not large enough to cover the entire window with a single sheet. In this instance, sometimes a very small seam may be visible where the two pieces of film come together.
- DO NOT CLEAN THE FILM FOR 30 DAYS after installation!!!!
- After 30 days, windows can be cleaned using a soft cloth or paper towel and mild soapy water, vinegar water or ammonia free glass cleaner.
To keep your window film free from scratches, do not use brushes, coarse paper towels, ammonia based cleaners, industrial strength cleaners or solutions containing abrasive materials.